Since the 19th century, Nairs have been settling outside Kerala and proving themselves. With their remarkable leadership and astute sense they have left an imprint in all aspects of life. However, inspite of their tremendous achievements, no collective effort was made to represent their interests and channel their resources until 1970s when the selfless contributions of Samudayacharya, Bharatha Kesari, Padmabhushan Mannath Padmanabhan, inspired many Nairs, outside Kerala and around the world, to form Nair organizations and “Karayogams”.
Global NSS is the realization of a dream, for it brings together, the isolated and scattered Nair organizations and Karayogams around the world under one umbrella. Global NSS provides a unified leadership to consolidate the Nair organizations outside Kerala and bind them together.
The formal inauguration of the Global Nair Sewa Samajam was conducted on October 17, 2011 at Siri Fort Auditorium, in a public meeting with more than 5000 participants. Hon. Vayalar Ravi, the NRI Minister lighted the lamp inaugurating the formation of the Global NSS. Mr. T.K.A Nair, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister inaugurated the Logo and Mr. K.K. Venugopal, senior advocate of the Supreme Court chaired the public meeting. Mr. K.G. Manmadhan Nair from Dallas, Texas, USA was elected as the Chairman and Mr. M.K.G Pillai, from New Delhi as the General Secretary.
The mission of Global NSS is to build a network of Nair families all over the world to preserve their unity, culture, and traditions, and further enhance the resources for uplifting and sustaining the economic and intellectual growth of the Global Nair Community”.
- To provide a non-political forum to bring the Nair community together, to build unity among the Nair families around the world, to enhance the cultural heritage and to follow and preserve the Nair customs and traditions.
- To provide a platform for networking among the Nair families and organizations.
- To discuss the religious, cultural, educational and social needs of the Nair Community all over the world.
- To collect, create, and maintain a Global Nair family Databank.
- To provide educational and economic assistance, subject to availability of resources, to needy students
- To establish, operate and promote service oriented institutions.
- To organize, collect and distribute scholarships and extend charities to needy people.
- To identify available current means and establish effective methods (Like: websites, printed material and electronic media) of communication among the Nair Organizations and its members.
- To help and assist overseas Nair families on pilgrimages and sightseeing at National and International level.
- To establish, operate and maintain educational institutions of all levels, vocational institutes, hospitals, orphanages, hostels, and Ashrams etc.
- To convene meetings, seminars, symposia, conventions and to organize events promoting spiritual awareness.
- To promote women and youth related activities, to develop leadership qualities among them, and to encourage social networking of younger generation with their global counterparts in various countries.
- To organize and co-ordinate charitable activities and services for the benefit of the deserving fellow members of the community.
- To initiate, support or promote projects and activities, to develop the retired community of Nair families all over the world.
- To organize activities and raise capital for the successful implementation of its objectives.
Nine Regions: The area of activity of GNSS shall be the world as a whole divided into Nine Regions as follows:
REGION ONE: North America
Unites States, Canada, Mexico
REGION TWO: South America
Venezeula, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brasil, Paraguay, Uraguay, Chile, Argentina, Caribbean Islands, Cuba, Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua.
REGION THREE: Europe
Denmark, Iceland, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Austria, Germany, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Switzerland.
REGION FOUR: CIS Countries
Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Kazhakistan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Mongolia.
REGION FIVE: Middle East
UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Israel, Yemen, Qatar
REGION SIX: Africa
All Countries Of Africa, Mauritius
REGION SEVEN: Asia Pacific
Srilanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Mayanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Phillipines, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Japan, Polynesian Islands, Australia.
REGION EIGHT: India One
Jammu And Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Delhi-Ncr, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhyapradesh, Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, North East States.
REGION NINE: India Two
Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Pondicherry, Andaman And Nicobar Island.Lakshwadeep, Goa, Daman and Diu.
Need your Support:Global NSS is the launch of a noble concept with great objectives. However, for it to work and become a raging success, we require the unconditional support of our brethren around the world. Our forefathers have set us excellent examples of leadership and perseverance. It is now up to us to learn from them and improve upon it. We are capable of greatness, of being leaders of the society and community, but that will only happen if we work together as one. Every little contribution is invaluable. So reach out to your brothers and sisters. Tie those bonds even stronger and join us as we set out to realize out goals. As a Nair, the betterment of our community is your responsibility. We owe it to ourselves. We are Nairs.